Bay of Islands Heritage Experience from Auckland incl. Waitangi & Russell
When giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience during a booking process. Otherwise, you can choose one after checkout and voucher redemption.
- Admission to Guided Experience at Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Admission to Cultural Performance at Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Explore the historic site where the Treaty of Waitangi was signed
- All Fees and Taxes
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Complimentary High-Speed Internet onboard the minibus
- Discover some of the 144 stunning islands in the Bay of Islands
- Enjoy a high-energy Māori cultural performance
- WiFi on board
- Complimentary refreshments and water onboard
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland
- Tour this tranquil seaside town on a mini tour of Russell
- Learn about New Zealand's history and Māori culture
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to return ferry ride from Paihia and Russell
- Admire iconic buildings, breath-taking Māori architecture, & world’s largest ceremonial war canoe
- Admission to 1 hour Russell Mini Tour
- Fully guided private return transfers from Auckland
- Private transportation
Auckland CentralWe pickup travellers from most locations in the Auckland CBD location. If your pickup location is not available on the list, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our very best to accommodate your request.
We stop to get some great coffee at your own expense and a comfort break before we continue our journey into the Northland region.
Whangarei isite Visitor Information CentreWe stop to get some great coffee at your own expense and a comfort break before we continue our journey into the Waikato region.
Waitangi Treaty GroundsThe Waitangi Treaty Grounds are an absolute must-do when you are in the Bay of Islands – rich in history and stories of the momentous events which shaped our nation. Take time to wander through the beautiful grounds of the Waitangi estate, complete with extensive gardens, bush tracks, beaches, and fabulous views over the Bay of Islands and beyond. Enjoy an inspiring and interactive experience as you discover Waitangi’s two contemporary museums, powerful Maori cultural performances, informative guided tours, lush native forest and gardens, carving studio with live demonstrations, marvel at the scale of Ngatokimatawhaorua, the world’s largest ceremonial war canoes (waka taua), a quality café in tranquil surrounds, and so much more, all with stunning views over the Bay of Islands.
Board the Fullers ferry to Russell, the first capital of New Zealand and a significant place in history for both the Māori and European settlers. Getting to Russell from Paihia is easy, so within 15 minutes you have the freedom to explore on the other side. Take in the sights of Russell on an intimate one-hour coach tour combining historical knowledge and local insight. Learn about significant sites like the Pompallier House and Christ-Church and stand atop Flagstaff Hill for stunning Bay of Islands views. We take a ferry to return to Paihia.
Kawakawa Public Toilets by HundertwasserWe visit one of the main tourist attractions in Kawakawa, the colourful public toilet designed by Austrian artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser. First visiting New Zealand in the 1970s for an exhibition of his work, he decided to make the country his second home and bought property on the Waikare inlet, east of Kawakawa. In 1998 with the help of the community he transformed the town’s public toilets into a work of art.
Auckland CentralAfter an enchanting fun-filled cultural experience at Paihia, it is now time to head back to Auckland to conclude your evening and drop-off at your hotel in Auckland. We can also drop you at your accommodation in Paihia if you are staying locally in the region.
If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.