Lost Stories of Black Charleston Walking Tour
When giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience during a booking process. Otherwise, you can choose one after checkout and voucher redemption.
- 2-hour Lost Stories of Black Charleston Walking Tour
- Tours narrated by writer, historian, educator, and licensed tour guide, Damon Fordham
- Walk by historical Charleston sites such as Old Slave Mart Museum and the Heyward-Washington House
- Experience Mother Emanuel A.M. E. Church stories that have faded from memory over the centuries.
- "IF THESE STREETS COULD TALK..." and now they will. Author, historian, educator and licensed tour guide, Damon Fordham combines his powerful blend of artful storytelling with solid historical and personal perspective. (pass by)
Charleston City MarketVisit sites starting with the Charleston City Market, a historic marketplace located in downtown Charleston. Then, head on to Jehu Jones Hotel, Catfish Row (of Porgy and Bess fame).
Heyward-Washington HousePass by the Heyward-Washington House which belonged to Thomas Heyward Jr., a signer of the United States Declaration of Independence.
Old Slave Mart MuseumOld Slave Mart Museum is the building that once held slave auction galleries, located in downtown Charleston.
Joe Riley Waterfront ParkSee and hear about lesser known places where heroes and heroines made history...but missed the history books. Walk the path from slavery through Reconstruction to civil rights. End by walking along the beautiful Charleston Harbor through Waterfront Park. Discover the forgotten stories of black Charleston on this captivating walking tour.
If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.