Mount of Temptation, Saint George Monestary, Saint Saba & Bethlehem One Day Tour
Lastly we will go to The Mount of Temptation & Saint George Monastery. As mentioned in the gospels the Holy Spirit led Jesus into the desert. The summit of the mount, about 360 meters above sea level, offers a spectacular panoramic view of the Jordan Valley, the Dead Sea and the mountains of Moab and Gilead.
* Make sure to bring your passport as it is required sometimes when passing the checkpoints.
*Switch of vehicle is required, All times are approximate!
Pick Up from Jerusalem: Pick up at 7:45 from J David Citadel Hotel in Jerusalem, King David 7, Jerusalem, 9410119, Israel. ( Infront of The Hotel )
David Citadel Hotel, King David St 7, Jerusalem, 9410119, Israel
When giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience during a booking process. Otherwise, you can choose one after checkout and voucher redemption.
- Tour Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour guide - Only in Bethlehem
- Some Places Randomly Close , but we will take you as much places in jericho as possible
- Visit down to The Nativity Cave is not always possible
- Entrance Fee of 10NIS/Person in Tel Jericho Ancient City of Jericho
- Cable Car Fee of 60NIS/Person
Church of the NativityA full guided tour to the Church of the Nativity. The Church is one of the oldest working churches in existence today. The first Church was built by the Roman Emperor Constantine in the 4th century AD, over the grotto where Mary gave birth to Jesus. The church is located where Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
Church of St. Catherine of AlexandriaSaint Catherine’s Church is a Franciscan monastery. It is said to be built on the site of Christ’s appearance to St. Catherine of Alexandria and his prediction of her martyrdom at the beginning of the 4th century.
Milk GrottoThe Milk Grotto church is the place where the Holy Family found refuge during the Massacre of the Innocents, before they could flee to Egypt. The name is derived from the story that a "drop of milk" of the Virgin Mary fell on the floor of the cave and changed its color to white.
Shepherd's SanctuaryThe Chapel of The Shepherd's Field.It marks the place where, the angels first announced the birth of Christ. The Shepherds' Field Chapel is a religious building of the Catholic church that is in the area of Beit Sahur southeast of Bethlehem in the West Bank in Palestine. The chapel marks the place where the angels first announced the birth of Christ.
- The Cave of Jerome is actually located beneath the Church of St. Catherine, and can also be accessed from there. St. Jerome, a Dalmation priest (345-420 A.D.), translated much of the Old Testament from Hebrew and Greek to the Latin "Vulgate". (pass by)
- The Order of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel does not have a single founder but was founded by a group of hermits living close to the “Spring of Elijah” on Mount Carmel, with two roots of their spirituality: the Prophet Elijah and the Virgin Mary. At the beginning of the 13th century the hermits received a rule of life, which was written by Saint Albert, Patriarch of Jerusalem. (pass by)
Tell es-Sultan also known as Tel Jericho or Ancient Jericho, is the site of ancient and biblical Jericho and today a UNESCO-nominated archaeological site in the West Bank, located two kilometers north of the center of Jericho
Sanctuary BethlehemThe Nativity Church in Bethlehem old City
- Pass By Olive Wood Factory (pass by)
- Bab idDeir Art Gallery is an independent artistic and cultural space in Bethlehem, located in Deik quarters part of the historical old city of Bethlehem. (pass by)
- Aida, also spelled 'Ayda, is a Palestinian refugee camp situated 2 kilometers north of the historic center of Bethlehem and 1 km north of Beit Jala. (pass by)
- Rachel's Tomb is the site revered as the burial place of the matriarch Rachel. (pass by)
Mar Saba MonasteryMar Saba Monastery dates back to the fifth century. Founded by Saint Sabas, it's been extensively expanded and fortified over the years. Please note that women are not allowed to enter the monastery. Everyone will enjoy a panoramic view of the site.
Mount of Temptation MonasteryThe Mount of Temptation is located about 3km north-west of Jericho which is about 58km east of Jerusalem, Israel. The mountain is in the Judean Desert and overlooks the Jordan Valley. After being baptized by John the Baptist Jesus retreated to the wilderness to meditate and fast, this mountain on which Jesus is believed to have spent the 40 days and 40 nights of spiritual contemplation. You can choose to take the cable car provided and have a look at the city. ( 60 NIS each Optional )
If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met,
you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.