Sloths, Monkeys and Waterfall Experience
• Best chance of any tour from Guanacaste to see sloths, toucans and frogs
• Cortez Waterfall Hike
• Hot, Tico-style Lunch with Natural Fruit Juice
• Private vehicle and naturalist guide accompany you and your party
When giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience during a booking process. Otherwise, you can choose one after checkout and voucher redemption.
- Hike to Llanos de Cortez Waterfall
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only) : Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, Playa Flamingo and Playa Tamarindo area hotels. Contact us if staying at hotels outside these areas.
- Private vehicle and naturalist guide accompany you and your party
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Typical Lunch near Miravalles and Tenorio Volcanoes
- Tips for Guides or Drivers
- Transportation from hotels outside the Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, Playa Conchal, Flamingo and Tamarindo. Contact us before booking if you are not sure your hotel is in one these towns.
Bill Beard's Costa RicaYou will be picked up by a naturalist, English-speaking guide in a private vehicle at your Guanacaste Beach hotel* for a day of pure Costa Rican natural wonders. After an easy drive that takes you along the outskirts of Liberia, the capital city of Guanacaste, you will be greeted by rolling hills and wide-open spaces. You will enjoy a wonderful short hike that takes you to the pool where the wide, stunning Llanos de Cortez spills into a refreshingly large pool. You will definitely want to take photos at this gorgeous spot! Stop along the way to relax, stretch and enjoy a delicious, typical “Tico” lunch, served hot with a refreshing fruit drink. From here you will continue north on the Pan American highway and into the dense, lush hills that are home to sloths, monkeys. Blue Jean dart frogs and other colorful frogs like to hang out near the river banks, and you and your guide will have ample time to search for these natural wonders, because this unspoiled area is filled with wildlife, birds and plants. You will be glad to have the naturalist guide with you since the sloths, frogs, monkeys, toucans and other animals and birds are not in cages. We cannot “cue” the wildlife, so there is no guarantee that you will see all the animals, birds or reptiles listed.
If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met,
you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.