The Great Elephant Gathering Private Safari from Minneriya
LK50B08C00: Minneriya National Park Private Safari including Jeep with No Tickets (3 hrs)
When giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience during a booking process. Otherwise, you can choose one after checkout and voucher redemption.
- Pickup/Drop off from/to any location within the radius of 5 KM from the Park Gate
- Experienced Driver (Also your tracker)
- Water Bottle Per Person
- 4x4 Safari Jeep (Maximum of 6 Passengers per jeep)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees for Jeep-only bookings (entrance fees to be paid in cash)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off if outside of 5km of park entrance gate
Minneriya National ParkThis intensive safari experience will give you the chance to go on a game drive through the Minneriya National Park, famed for its elephant gatherings. In addition, your safari guide will help you catch sight of a number of flora and fauna native to Sri Lanka. Avid birdwatchers will love this safari as well. The Annual Elephant Gatherings. Every year during the dry season between May and September, water runs out in the surrounding areas. Hence all the elephants in the wilderness of Matale, Polonnaruwa, and Trincomalee make an annual pilgrimage to the Minneriya tank seeking the freshwater and tender green grass along the banks of the tank. As a result, huge gatherings of elephants anywhere between 150 - 700 members can be seen roaming in the national park. These gatherings are said to be the largest gatherings of wild elephants in the entire world.