Waitomo Triple Cave Experience - Private Tour From Auckland
When giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience during a booking process. Otherwise, you can choose one after checkout and voucher redemption.
- All Fees and Taxes
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Marvel at unique rock formations, subterranean rivers, and thousands of glow-worms
- Discover Waitomo’s longest underground guided walking tour as you explore Ruakuri Cave
- Go deeper into the story as you descend the dramatic spiral entrance
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland
- Marvel at the softly folding shawl-like limestone formations
- Marvel at awe-inspiring stalactites and stalagmites during the iconic Glow-worm Caves
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- BBQ buffet style lunch at Waitomo Homestead
- Boat ride on an underground stream through the Waitomo Glow worm Caves
- Immerse yourself in geology and history of the Waitomo caves with the help of a tour guide
- See more glow-worms than you could ever imagine all lighting up above your head!
- Be captivated by the thousands of magical glow-worms as you glide silently by boat
- Encounter the Cave Wetas insects that are unique to New Zealand
- Admission to fully guided 45 minutes experience Waitomo Aranui Cave
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Walk through the Cathedral Cave and experience the amazing acoustics
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to fully guided 90 minutes experience Waitomo Ruakuri Cave
- Discover the stalactites, stalagmites, flowstones and decorative formations of Aranui Caves
- Fully guided private return transfers from Auckland
- Admission to fully guided 45 minutes experience Waitomo Glow Worm Cave
- Leave you open-mouthed, awe-struck and humbled by the sheer majesty of nature
- Complimentary High-Speed Internet on-board the minibus
- Private transportation
Auckland CentralWe pickup travellers from most locations in the Auckland CBD location. If your pickup location is not available on the list, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our very best to accommodate your request.
- The Bombay Hills are a range of hills to the south of Auckland, New Zealand. Though only a small and seemingly insignificant range of hills, they lie at the southern boundary of the Auckland region, and serve as a divide between Auckland and the Waikato region. directly named after the ship Bombay, The ship itself was named after the Indian city of Bombay (now Mumbai). Bombay Means: a breed of black short-haired medium-sized cat. (pass by)
We stop to get some great coffee at your own expense and a comfort break before we continue our journey into the Waikato region.
- Te Awamutu calls itself the ‘Rose Capital of New Zealand’. During the blooming season, November to April, the garden next to the visitor centre is a technicolour dream as 2000 rose bushes turn on the charm. (pass by)
Waitomo Glowworm CavesBe amazed by thousands of magical glowworms above as you glide silently by boat in the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. The enchanting Waitomo Caves have been attracting visitors for more than 120 years, thanks to their incredible limestone formations and luminescent glowworms. The subterranean cave system is located beneath the rolling green countryside of the Waikato, one of New Zealand’s prime farming regions. Your guided Waitomo Caves tour will be an unforgettable sightseeing experience as you walk through majestic caverns, explore limestone shafts, marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites and enjoy a boat ride through a grotto lit by thousands of tiny native glowworms. Glowworm caves in New Zealand offer visitors the chance to explore dark caves that are lit up by thousands of tiny glowworms (scientifically known as Arachnocampa Luminosa) who shine bright as a way to attract their prey.
Ruakuri CaveOffering a captivating blend of the most compelling subterranean experiences (including glowworms), it will leave you open-mouthed, awe-struck and humbled by the sheer majesty of nature. Begin the tour by journeying down through the spectacular, man-made spiral entrance, marvel at the softly folding shawl-like limestone formations and crystal tapestries while listening to the distant thunder of subterranean waterfalls. If you want to see glowworms up-close and personal and learn about their fascinating life, then this is the tour for you.
Aranui CaveJoin the guided walking tour through an enchanted forest and learn about the native New Zealand landscape and flora. Enjoy this educational tour as you discover some of Waitomo’s largest public stalactites, stunning rock formations and the infamous cave-dwelling weta colony. Discover the exquisite interior decorations that have to be seen to be believed. The high chambers, magnificent limestone formations and the pale brown, pink and white shades of the huge stalactites in the Aranui Cave are truly spectacular. Almost every corner of the roof and walls are adorned with fragile, sparkling forms in pale brown, pink and white in our most intimate cave system.
Auckland CentralAfter an exhilarating fun-filled adventure experience at Waitomo, it is now time to head back to Auckland to conclude your evening and drop-off at your hotel in Auckland. We can also drop you at your accommodation in Waitomo if you are staying locally in the region.